Here is my favorite favorite favorite new stamp set (Yummy In My Tummy #143623) in the Occasions Catalog. (at least for now until my new stamps get here this week...!!)
Eek! aint he cute!and can we talk about how AMAZING our new Watercolor Pencils are ?!?! I love coloring. And I love the different textures you can get by using a colored pencil (looks like Fur right?!!) and then you add a little bit of water to them with an aqua painter and you get a fun watercolor look too!
To get the "furry" look I went in after watercoloring, before the paper dried and added a little more color with the pencil. It melts right into the damp paper ... heaven!
And because we LOVE this little guy so much, I just had to show you another one :)
EEEK!!! Right?!?! Love LOVE LOVE LOVE Love this little guy and his alien friends!
For this one, instead of the watercolor pencils I watercolored the old fashioned way, Just added a dot of ink (from my reinker) onto my sil-mat and added some water from my aqua painter. I prefer this instead of using the inkpad lid. I can add more water and create different shades of the ink color by pulling ink into a puddle and adding more water. If you don't have a sil-mat, you can use wax paper! :)
I masked off the aliens. They were my favorite to color. They remind me of Slimer from Ghostbusters. For the balloons, I used our Balloon Punch.
Thanks for joining us today!! I hope you keep going, Jen is next and she has some really amazing stuff to check out!!
Blog Hop Participant List:
- Nichole L. at Scrappy Stamps & Ink
- Cathy A. at Maine Mountain Stamper
- Tobe B. at The Craft Sea
- Diana E. at Stampin' Fun with Diana
- Pamela W. at Stinky Tofu
- Darcy J. at Dj's Stampin' Place
- Melissa S. at The Stamp Doc
- Cheryl H. at Create with Cheryl
- Donna S. at Geek Squad Crafting <------You are here :)
- Jennifer G. at Jenny G Paper Crafts
- Jen G. at Faith.Grace.Stamp
- Jen P. at By the Shore Stamping
- Bree W. at Craft-somnia Momma
- Tonya B. at Stampin' with Tonya
- Kim R. at Stamping with Kim
- Darla R. at Stampin' with Darla