(share this pin it)

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Stampin' Mystery Challenge

Hello Happy Stampers!!

I am SO happy to be here today, thanks for stopping by Geek Squad Crafting!  I cannot wait to share a few things with you.

First thing:  Do you watch the show Chopped on The Food Network?!  If not, here’s what happens:  Cooks are pitted against each other in a cooking competition.  The twist for each round is that you don’t know what ingredients you will have to use until you show up and open your basket.  It’s quite intense.  I LOVE that show.

So we girls over at SSInkspiration decided, why not do this monthly, as a challenge, and post it online for all to see?!

Sounds fun right?!

Here are the Three Mystery Items that Cynthia sent for me to use.


For those of you who know me…you understand I was PARALYZED for a minute.  I typically don’t use lace…butterflies…OR DSP in my cards.  I know.  I’m weird.  So this was SUPER challenging for me.

This is the card I came up with


What do you think?!

I added some Old Olive cardstock for the base, some Calypso Coral cardstock to mat the band, and some Island Indigo and Whisper White cardstock to mat the DSP.  I have to say…I think the White Appoxy Dots are my favorite  J  they are colored with a flesh toned Sharpie marker that is a few shades lighter than the calypso coral paper.  I love the subtle change in them from the original white color.

Wanna see more Mystery Item creations?!!  Head on over to SSInk and see what all the fuss is about!

No comments:

Post a Comment